Christmas cookies are an absolute favorite of mine. So, I thought I’d share one of my favorite recipes, chocolate crinkles!
What you’ll need:
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 squares (four 0z. unsweetened chocolate)
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- sifted powder sugar
Time to mix:
- In a large mixing bowl stir together: the beaten eggs, sugar, melted chocolate, cooking oil, baking powder and vanilla. Gradually add flour to the chocolate mixture stirring till thoroughly combined. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours till the dough is easy to handle. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls into powdered sugar to coat. Place balls 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 to ten minutes or till edges are set and tops are cracked. Remove cookies and cool on wire racks. If desired, sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. This makes about 48 cookies.
I hope you try out these AMAZING cookies! If you do, leave a comment and tell me how they turned out! Happy Holidays!
Everyone knows that winter time is a time when you get a cold. This may not apply to everyone, but I know that my nose definitely starts to run around this time of year. If you just have a head cold, and decide to take a sick day, it’s definitely hard to stay occupied during the never ending day! Here are a few ways that could help you fill your time:
- Pinterest. I absolutely love Pinterest. I could spend every day on it if I could! It is a great way to see anything from creative DIYs or cute fashion looks. If you decide to take a look, go ahead and give me a follow here
- Netflix. I mean, who doesn’t love Netflix? I definitely do, so here are a few “binge worthy” shoes that I would recommend: Gilmore Girls and Friends (if you’re looking for a feel good kinda show!) Revenge and The Crown (if you’re looking for something on the more serious side) and Last but not least, Grey’s Anatomy a perfect mix of serious/nail biter and funny!
- Read. I know reading isn’t for everyone, but if you have some books laying around, you might as well put them to good use!
- Rest and Stay Hydrated. I know this may not keep you occupied, but the trick to getting better fast, is to stay hydrated, and get plenty of sleep.
- Lastly, take a shower or bath. This is my go- to thing to do when I’m sick. I tend to want to take a bath more than a shower just because it is extremely relaxing! Also, if you have any bath bombs, or bubble baths use them! My bath bombs form lush are a must have for long baths. If you haven’t tried one before, go ahead and check them out on their website.
I hope this helped you get some ideas on what to do on a sick day!
I tend to have fairly sensitive skin, and it’s hard to find skin care products that don’t irritate my skin. It has taken a while, but I’ve finally found some products that work for me! Here are a few tips (and products to help) for sensitive skin:
- Use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. You can get this for around $1o at any drugstore. This cleanser also softens your skin as you use it, so it’s a must have for me!
- After washing your face, use Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Oil Free Moisture. This also sells for about $10 at any drugstore. With this moisturizer, a little goes a long way for sure!
Here are a few tips that I have found useful in finding skin care products:
- Try to stay away form strong scented moisturizers, exfoliators, and cleansers. If your scent is more neutral, it is less likely to have something in it that would irritate your skin.
- Also, try not to touch your face too regularly. This can lead to oiliness, and possible irritation. If this does happen, just remember to give your face a good wash!
I hope you found this helpful!
I absolutely love Christmas! It’s my favorite holiday. There is just some kind of magic in the air, that makes everything feels ten times more special. I always love decorating my tree. We have lots of fun traditions that go along with Christmas. We support a local market near us that sells Christmas trees. Here is me picking out one of our very first trees for Johnny’s!