Today’s post is a little different. I wanted to let you all know why I started bogging. I’m really excited to share with you, the little story of how I became a blogger.
My friend Kate had invited me to go to another blogger’s event. I was really excited because I hadn’t done anything like this before! The event was at Saks Fifth Avenue-fancy! We got our makeup and hair done, and tried on a bunch of different perfumes. Then, we sat down, and watched Beth (the blogger) give her “presentation” on her most liked outfits. I learned so much!
I’m literally obsessed with this photo from that night! We used a ring light to take the picture, and let me just say, THEY ARE AMAZING! After all of the events of the night I was pretty inspired. I wanted to start a blog just for the fun of it, and just see what would happen. So far I’m loving it! Special thanks to Kate for introducing me to the world of blogging!
Wow guys I’m finally back! I’m so so sorry for the lack of posts this week. My Wi-Fi was out all week-boo, so I wasn’t able to get my posts up this week. Starting now, I will hopefully get my daily posts up. Once again, I’m so sorry. Stayed tuned for some awesome new posts.
Wow! It has been such a crazy week so far- and it’s only Tuesday! I have such a crazy schedule for these next coming months. I have my Washington D.C. trip in May, May Crowning (Catholic School Tradition), and tomorrow I pick my classes for high school! More on that tomorrow. My school also has a few events of their own that I’m helping out with, so basically I will be nonstop until June 1-graduation day!
I am absolutely ecstatic about graduating. I know eight grade graduation isn’t as big as high school, or even college, but I’ve been at this school since I was 5. Leaving this place will be a bitter-sweet experience. Leaving some of my life long friends is going to be SO hard, but I’m so excited to see what high school has in store for me.
I have been to D.C. before, but going with my class will be super fun. My friend Kate from fromanamericangirl is there right now, so go check out her adventures. I’m most excited about May Crowning because we get to wear beautiful Spring dresses. Dresses at always exciting.
Stay tuned for more details on these events!
This weekend was pretty relaxing. First, I went to the first fish fry of the season. It was kind of hard to eat the fish, (due to Paleo) but I made due! After that we went to my little brother’s basket ball banquet. There was a magician (he preferred illusionist) there and he was pretty amazing! We came home and I caught up on a little reading.
Saturday was pretty laid back as well. We “chilled out” for a little while until I had to go to my volleyball practice. It wore me out! Then we had some hamburgers for dinner. Yummy!
Sunday was my mom’s birthday. I celebrated with her, by going out to brunch. Then, she took me to my last volleyball game. (We lost) Then we came home and relaxed, did some homeowork, and got ready for the coming week!
To start off, I LOVE J. Crew. Their products are to die for. Their spring line is completely gorgeous, and here are some of my favorites from it.
Gingham Ankle Wrap Flats:
These are so adorable. I might not make it through Spring and Summer without getting these flats.
Striped Bell-Sleeve Top:
Not only is the pattern super cute, but what about the bell sleeves?! Cute, I think yes!
Shoulder-tie French Bikini Top in Seersucker:
There seems to be a theme with all of these items-seersucker and gingham! I love these two prints, and could wear them all the time! That’s why I love this adorable swimsuit.
Vintage Pajama Set: This pajama set! WOW! I have no words. Too cute!
I really enjoyed writing this post so much! I just can’t get enough of J. Crew!
Since I’m still in school, I don’t get the chance to travel much. When I do, I have a few must haves that I take with me. This is more geared towards traveling long distances. (car or plane) This post is sort of a “collab” post with Kate from fromanamericangirl. She’s posting her travel essentials too, so be sure to check her out!
- Vera Bradley Duffel Bag: This bag is AMAZING! Sadly, this bag isn’t available anymore from Vera Bradley, but they still make bags like this. They’re just the average weekender. But seriously, if you don’t have a good weekender, definitely consider looking at these!
- Birkenstocks: I love these shoes. They are super comfortable. They are more of a summer/spring kind of shoes, but I’m that person, who if I’m travelling will wear socks with them. Haha silly right?!
- Notebook: This is so helpful to have around. If I have an idea I can just pull out my notebook and jot it down! I definitely write new blog ideas in my notebook. I’m also a planner, so I write my plans down as well!
- Vera Bradley Blanket: This blanket is something I just throw in my bag without even thinking. The quality of this blanket is so great. It’s so soft, and it’s a queen size, so super practical.
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses are mainly for when you’re on a car/ road trip. Having these in the car make riding in the car so much more enjoyable.
- Water Bottle: I love my Camelbak water bottle. They’re so good for traveling because they are spill proof. I love this water bottle dearly, but I’m looking in to getting a s’well bottle. Let me know if you have one, and any tips!
That’s all for today! Let me know of any other travel essentials, I would love to hear them!
Like many young people, I have dreams. Haha that sounds cliché, but I really do want to “dream big.” Last year I fell in love with the thought of being a doctor. I know its a long way away, but I’m a planner, always have been. This Halloween, my friends and I got some scrubs and decided to be doctors for the day! I’ve mentioned before, I love kids. If I were to become a doctor I would love to specialize in children, mainly newborns. I really admire doctors everywhere. I really want to find time to be a mom and a doctor. I love the feeling of helping others, and I feel like being a pediatrician (somewhere around there) would satisfy my love for helping others and children!
I really enjoyed writing this post, and feel free to share your dreams with me!